Blogger templates

//

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Split post.


Some time ago I bought a pretty cool book about Japanese bookbinding. "Japanese Bookbinding - Instructions from a Master Craftsman by Kojiro Ikegami". Good source of informations about Japanese methods of bookbinding. By the way I could learn a lot about Japanese paper. I was thinking about Japanese books, made my own trials of such bindings and I realized that it's useful in modern life too. I binded myself Hiroshi Yoshida's "Japanese Wood Block Printing" PDF this way. !!! woW - this is really pleasant. Not comparable to modern binding. Full flavour of reading provided. I strongly recomend. ;) here are the pictures.




-----------

I work everyday on my prints, watching how it grow. When the print is most beautiful? Maybe now. Prints in stack, wet, straight before the run...






1 comment:

  1. I have this book too. I often make the "flutter-book" structure, and the boxes and portfolios.

    I like your print.

    ReplyDelete